- Top your morning bowl of oats with a scoop of nut butter, a handful of blueberries, a splash of vanilla, and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Spread nut butter on a banana slice for a mid-morning or after-work snack.
- Try your hand at a delicious peanut stew recipe--many recipes contain basic ingredients like sweet potatoes, tomato juice, all-natural peanut butter, and raw, unsalted peanuts (also available at the Co-op).
- Looking for a way to use up blackened bananas? Whip up a batch of peanut butter-banana pancakes or quick bread for breakfast.
- Cookies! The possibilities are endless with nut butters.
Vegan Nut Butter Cookies
(recipe from Love Like a Vegan blog)
• 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 2 TBSP sugar
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/3 cup of your favorite all-natural nut butter (peanut or almond butter work great)
• 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp. almond extract
• 3 TBSP oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients (almond butter through oil). Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Bake for 7 - 8 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.